Monday, June 3, 2013

WOMBAT

No, I'm not talking about a furry little critter from Australia. WOMBAT is an acronym that stands for "Waste Of Money, Breath, and Time". I learned about it many years ago from one of my fellow nurse managers in the UK. In my private life, I am opinionated, judgmental, and cranky. In my professional life, I have learned to leave most of it at home (or keep it to myself) and to do my best to be reasonably polite.
The cranky me thinks there are a lot of WOMBATS out there. Among them are:
- anyone named Kardashian
- Real Housewives of anywhere
- televised golf
- airline travel
- meetings just to have meetings
- rap music
- people who call themselves "experts" (if they are, they don't need to tell you)
- Congress
- sleeping late (I just can't do it)
- traffic circles
- Suggested Retail Price
- junk emails
- zoning permits
- automated phone answering systems
- pennies
- exercise (people jogging during a rain storm is just wrong)
- tofu
- "celebrities" who think I need to know what they are up to
Although the list is not exhaustive, it gives you an idea that I am a bit of a curmudgeon (at least part-time). On the bright side, all of the WOMBATs in my life have increased my tolerance dramatically so that my proudest achievement is actually that I am NOT doing 25-to-life.
How about you? Any WOMBATs in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment