Thursday, March 8, 2012

What Do Grizzly Bears Want?

We all want things in life: a new car, a different job (or just a job in the first place), win the lottery, buy the latest electronic gadget, and a host of other things you can name. Why do we want them? Because we tell ourselves that, if we have it, we'll be happy. That may be true, but how often do we wish for something that we simply aren't going to get? We can all dream, but most of the time it would be like us winning the Publishers Clearinghouse sweepstakes; it's just not likely to happen.
Many of us may dream, but we are hopefully pragmatic and tend to dial back our expectations a bit. I hope my daughter does will in her classes in college, that my wife has a good day at work (I may not have a good evening if she doesn't), that no major appliance breaks down.
While I want to do well at work, be a good spouse and a good parent, I also want to take care of myself and to have some time to myself. You may enjoy gardening, exercising, or some other hobby. I'm glad this works for you but for me, I prefer (during my "me time") to follow the philosophy of the grizzly bears. What is that, you ask?
It is said that there are three things in life that a grizzly bear wants:
- to feel full
- to not itch and,
- to be left alone.
Give it a try; it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment