Monday, January 13, 2020

Free Trump Lie Detector



I think it is safe to say that, if lying were an Olympic event, Donald Trump would take the gold medal without much effort. Since taking office, members of the press have identified in excess of 13,000 lies, and the number, like the national deficit, grows daily.
There is a machine called a Lie Detector, but it is neither valid nor reliable. Fortunately, with Trump, you don't need it. All you need are his own words.
Over time, if you have not already noticed, there are certain words or phrases that, when he uses them, the next thing to come out of his mouth adds to the 13,000+ total of whoppers.
Examples include:
- "probably"
- "maybe"
- "I heard..."
- "people say..."
- "I believe" (or "I don't believe")
- "believe me"
Other less subtle examples include:
- "the Democrats..."
- "Obama..."
- "I didn't know him very well"
Unfortunately for him, this, along with being impeached, will most likely be his most memorable legacy as President. 
In the years to come, people may watch video of Trump at one of his rallies and ask themselves, "Is he lying?"
Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment